I am a dedicated, successful and well qualified English teacher with a passion for helping others realise their full potential in English language learning. I started teaching English in 2008 after moving to Budapest. Before this, I enjoyed a successful career in retail management working for Dixons Stores Group International and Wicks. In 2009 I gained the CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) qualification and in 2013 I successfully completed and passed the DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults). I teach many varying types of classes including business, one to one, general English, young learners and exam preparation classes. From 2010 I worked full time at International House Language School Budapest including the role of senior teacher. In 2014 I decided to go freelance to explore some other opportunities although I still fulfil some lessons at International House and other language schools. As a freelance teacher I conduct tailor-made courses for companies, conducting level tests, working with the HR management in organising the classes and then delivering the courses and also provide one to one tutoring in all types of English. I also teach through language schools and deliver seminars on topics of English Language Teaching. I run coaching courses on how to write motivation letters and personal statements for students wishing to attend universities in the UK. (especially through the UCAS system). I have my own company and can provide full invoices and receipts.
- Many high profile students including members of parliament and government ministries, high ranking company executives of multi-national companies and diplomats from varying embassys.
- Senior Teacher at International House Budapest under the mentor program and supported and mentored other teachers through classroom observations, feedback and coaching.
- Successfully completed and passed DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults)
- Successfully completed and passed an intensive CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course at International House, Budapest.
- Successfully managed the final stages of a major company wide refit program as a Project Manager, so that the program completed 5 weeks ahead of schedule.
- Senior Manager role held since 2000, supporting other store managers helping them to develop their businesses through mentoring and coaching. Carried out senior management responsibilities such as recruitment and disciplineries. Also supported Area H.R. manager in achieving training completion targets on all stores on the area moving from 48% to 77% completion in 12 months.
- 2013-2014 Senior Teacher.
- 2008-Present English teacher.
- 2005-2008 Travis Perkins plc; Management.
- 1984-2005 Dixons Stores Group plc; Management.
TRAINING: (The copies of my main certifications are here)
- DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults)
- CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults)
- I.H. Certificate in Teaching Business English
- I.H. Certificate in Teaching One to One English Classes
- I.H. Certificate in Teaching Exam Preparation
- I.H. Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners (7 to 15 year olds)
- I.H. Certificate in Teaching English to Very Young Learners (3 to 6 year olds)
- NVQ in Training The Trainer
- CAB in coaching and one to one teaching (level 3)
- NVQ in Health and Safety.
- NVQ in Disaster Management.
- St. Johns ambulance 1st aid in the workplace certified.
- Mentor Certified electric reach forklift driver.
- Mentor Certified diesel and gas counter balanced forklift driver
- Various courses within DSG’s Management Development program including Recruitment, NVQ Assessor, Managing People Through High Performance, Time Management, Growing Branch Profits (business planning).
EDUCATION: A-level: Fine art and art history, Design, Art Foundation O-level: Maths (b), English (b), Art (a), History (c), Geography (c).
PERSONAL DETAILS: Date Of Birth: 1st May 1967. Driving Licence: Full.